Sunday, January 3, 2016

Happy New Year!

Hello Families!

Welcome to 2016! I hope you and your family and loved ones had a good start to the new year. Aside from a little snow, it's been hard to tell if it's December or April lately. Hazel and I have been taking full advantage of this and getting outside as much as possible!

A few updates on how things are going and what's coming up. We had our Read-a-Math-a-Game-a-Thon on Tuesday, and I think it was a rousing success. Any day that I get to wear pajamas and the kids can show how independent and self-sufficient they are is a huge win in my book. I hope you heard back positive things, as well.

A hearty thank you to everyone who sent in a gift, as well. As I told the kids: the best gift to me is how amazing they are each and every day. I will be sending out individual thank-yous soon!

When we get back next week we will continue our excursions into the world of mysteries. We solved our first grade-wide mystery, and figured out who was sending us cryptic hints and mystery supplies. Didn't hear about it? Ask your detective!

We will also continue writing our persuasive pieces. I think getting 5 minutes of extra recess for 3 weeks has really helped our scholars focus and made our transitions from one activity to the next super smooth. I am excited to see how well that practice moves into the new year.

I look forward to seeing and hearing from you soon!

Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment