Sunday, September 14, 2014

First Weeks!

Hello Families of Mr. Abbott's Third Grade!

Wow, what a start to the year! It feels like there's never enough time at the beginning of the year to get everything done that I have planned. Add to that a late Tuesday water main problem and I could get downright cranky! But that won't solve anything, so instead we soldier on. :)

Week one came and went pretty quick, and week two wasn't much longer. Here's a quick rundown of some of the things we've gotten up to so far in third grade. 

Week One:

Week one we spent quite a bit of time getting to know each other. We learned about Morning Meeting, the take-a-break chair, our hopes and dreams, summer shares, circling up, and even had time to start an academic project or two. 

One of the most fun activities (from my point of view) was our puzzle! Each person got a puzzle piece that she or he needed to decorate with representations of him or herself. Once that was done, we gathered on the rug to solve the puzzle. 

We have some great pics and a play-by-play (by me, of course), but I'll wait for that until I'm sure it's OK with everybody to have pics online. 

Week Two:

This week we started cursive, math, reading, writing, and even got to science (geology) on Friday! We're off to a great start, and I can't wait to see where this year leads us. 

I look forward to seeing many of you tomorrow, Monday, night for the Open House!

-Excitedly,
Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment