Saturday, August 31, 2013

Nice to Meet You!


Well hello, there, Mr. Abbott's new class!  It was very nice to meet some of you on the drop-in day.  I hope you got a sense of how our classroom is going to look this year, and I hope I gave you a few things to think about as you get ready for this exciting year.  I know you certainly gave me some things to think about!

A quick warning to parents: there will be quite a few things coming home on Tuesday that you need to read, sign, file and/or send back to school.  Please budget a few minutes on Tuesday night to get through as much of it as possible so we can get those pesky bits out of the way and focus on all the fun exciting things that will be coming starting Wednesday.

Notice to students: I'm already excited for our first Read-Aloud Chapter Book of the year: Gooseberry Park by Cynthia Rylant:



Get ready to hear about Murray the bat, Gwendolyn the hermit crab, Kona the dog, and Stumpy the squirrel and how they team together in the face of unexpected disaster.  Then again, most disasters are unexpected, and as we see in this story it's often how well we can help each other out that determines our level of success.  I'm sure you'll love this story as much as I do!

See you soon,
Mr. Abbott

No comments:

Post a Comment