Sunday, August 18, 2013

Hey There Fourth Graders! ;)


Dear Mr. Abbott's class of 2012-2013,

Hope you all are having a great summer!  I wanted to send out one last blog post to you all before I switch this over to my new class, who are coming very soon.  Which means that you, very soon, will be going into fourth grade!  Congratulations, you worked very hard last year to make it to where you are now.  We even managed to have lots of fun while we did all that learning!

I also wanted to say "Thank you" for all your kind words, cards, and gifts last spring.  I was a bit overwhelmed with all of the excitement of Field Day and then got completely taken off guard with all of your kindnesses.  Your thanks and hard work and smiles are what really make me the happiest.

Enjoy the end of your summer, and keep up all the effort and perseverance that got you where you are now.  Check in with me now and then, let me know how you're doing, and give me a chance to tell you how proud I am of you.  :)  Your teachers are so lucky to have such a great group of kids coming their way.

I'll leave you with a quote I'm very fond of, and which I actually used during a very lively debate with some friends of mine last night.  It's from Mahatma Gandhi, and it's hard to do too much wrong if you think about it now and then:

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world."

I feel like the world is in good hands.

-Mr. Abbott

(Also, if you get a chance, come by and see some of the new books I got over the summer.  I think you'll like them!)

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful to hear from you!
    Enjoy what remains of Summer...
    We'll be sure to say hi when our paths cross at YES...
    ~S.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Great to hear from you, too! I can't wait to hear all kinds of stories from the summer. :)

    -Todd

    ReplyDelete