Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Hello Families of Mr. Abbott's Class!

I hope you had a restful, exciting, relaxing, and rejuvenating break!  I had time to spend with my family and catch up on some long put-off reading.  Not what you might call exciting, but very satisfying nonetheless.

I wanted to update you on two very exciting developments in our classroom, one that took place before we left and one that will be starting up soon.

The day before our break we had a Publishing Party in class 203.  It was very exciting!  Many parents and families were able to attend, and they were able to either read or hear some of the writing we have been working on most recently.  Thank you so much to everyone who came and commented on our students' work, they seemed quite proud.  We even had some parents who couldn't make it but still were able to send in comments!  You should all be very proud of your children.

Now that we're moving along in the year and I'm getting a little more familiar with the ins and outs of Yarmouth, I would like to offer some opportunities for parents who are available during the day to come in and volunteer.  There will be a few options, depending on what you enjoy doing and when you are available, please keep your eyes out for a better interest sheet this week (I had sent one home a long time back, but have realized the needs of the classroom a little better since then).  Carrie Martin will be helping me out as a classroom volunteer coordinator, I am so appreciative!

That's it for now.  As the new year begins we will be starting a reading unit on non-fiction, continuing work on our geology unit, practicing writing better answers to reading prompts, and moving in to a new unit in math!  I hope you and your child stay as excited as I am!

See you soon,
Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment